Floral Wedding Design Classes
The Flower Market on 7th Street offers hands-on design classes for the bride interested in creating her own wedding flowers.
This popular Sunday afternoon class teaches the essential wedding florals--a hand-tied bouquet, corsage, boutonniere and simple centerpiece--using roses, filler and greenery.
Instructor Virginia Glover, a Texas Master Florist, owns a wedding and special event floral company. Her love of flowers and passion for teaching wedding design has inspired Fort Worth area brides for two decades.
- The $65 class fee includes all flowers and floral supplies and is not refundable.
- Classes are from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. View our calendar for class dates.
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring floral snips and a box for your finished pieces. (You can purchase floral snips at the shop for $8.99)
- You can register by phone, 817-377-3660, or in person.
- Classes are open to anyone interested in floral design.
- Classes are limited to 12 students.
- You do not have to have any design experience to take the class. In fact, most people who take the class have no experience.
- The best time to take the class is about six to eight weeks before your wedding.
- You will get more from the class if you come prepared with questions, and you're welcome to take photos throughout the class and in the coolers.
- In addition to design technique, you'll also learn how to take care of and store your wedding flowers, and how and when to order your flowers.
- If you need additional design help, our instructor also schedules private custom classes on other bridal pieces--topiaries, cascade bouquets, kissing balls, pew decorations and large-scale altar arrangements.
View our calendar for class dates.
Call us at 817-377-3660 for more information or to reserve a spot in our class today.
Basic Vase Arranging
**New! Starting Tuesday, September 11th, 2018**
Learn how to create a simple vase arrangement using basic floral techniques you can use for a variety of flowers, styles and vases.
Virginia Glover, who teaches our Sunday afternoon wedding design class, will focus on design mechanics, principles of design and the use of color.
1. The $55 class fee includes all flowers and floral supplies and is non-refundable.
2. Classes are 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday evenings. View our calendar for class dates.
3. Wear comforable shoes and bring a pair of floral snips. (You can purchase snips ath the shop.)
4. Register by phone, 817-377-3660, or in person.
5. Deadline to register is previous Tuesday.